Maximize Mobile To Kick Your Campaigns Into High Gear
We all want to get the most out of our digital campaigns; pushing to get the best return on investment is every good marketers’ goal.
If you want to tweak your campaigns to improve performance for 2013, the first thing you should look at is your mobile campaigns.
Let’s start by taking a look at how consumers are using mobile.
For this post, we took a cross-section of 600+ dealers and compared their mobile campaigns to their desktop counterparts. Mobile performance had some pretty spectacular performance compared to desktop. On average, mobile campaigns had:
- 80% higher click-through-ratios
- 93% higher conversion rates
- 43% lower cost per conversion
Beyond improving your digital marketing performance metrics, mobile search shows all the signs of in-market shoppers. Consider these statistics:
- Nearly 20% of all automotive searches are conducted on a mobile device. This also varies widely by brand. For example 40% of Scion related searches are conducted on a mobile device.
- 32% of shoppers use their mobile device to find a dealership.
- 23% of shoppers use their mobile device to contact a dealership.
- 44% of shoppers use their mobile device to price compare on the lot.
So what can you do to take advantage of all of this? Here’s 3 simple steps to success:
- Build separate, mobile-only campaigns. Very little works the same on a mobile device as it does on a desktop device. You’ll need a new campaign with different bid policies, landing pages, keywords and ads. Simply enabling over your desktop campaigns to display on mobile devices isn’t enough.
- Take advantage of ad extensions. Ad extensions are additional calls to action that the engines make available on ads. The most powerful ad extension that Google and Bing offer is click to call. 70%+ of mobile conversions come from this ad extension. It’s also important to take advantage of location extensions since mobile users rely heavily on maps and location targeting.
- Maximize your impression share. All of the search engines will tell you exactly how many searches you’re missing out on. Increase your budget to be in front of every single one or pull budgets from under-performing campaigns and add to mobile.